Southport victim’s mum says they’re living a nightmare every day

The mother of a seven-year-old girl killed in the Southport attack told a public inquiry of the nightmare they live every day.

Elsie Dot Stancombe was at a Taylor Swift-themed dance class on July 29 last year when she was stabbed to death by Axel Rudakubana.

Bebe King, six, and nine-year-old Alice da Silva Aguiar also died, while nine other children and two adults were injured.

Giving impact evidence to the Southport Inquiry at Liverpool Town Hall today, Elsie’s mother Jenni Stancombe, 37, said: ‘Elsie only went to dance, make bracelets, and I never got to bring her home.1/1 Skip Ad Continue watchingafter the ad
Visit Advertiser websiteGO TO PAGE

‘I walk past an empty bed every night, I stare into her room praying this nightmare will end, but it never does, we live it every day.

‘We are good parents, just like so many others across the country on that day, wanting to do something nice for our little girl at the start of the holidays.

‘But instead, we didn’t get to bring her home. We lost everything that day. And I need to understand how this happened.’

Ms Stancombe said more needs to be done to prevent those with an intent to cause harm from reaching the point where the commit such acts.

‘We will fight for justice, for change, to keep our children safe, changes need to be made to prevent this from ever happening again,’ she added.

‘This should never have happened in a safe and just society, this cannot happen, no other parent should feel this pain.’

Sitting alongside her husband, David, 37, she told the enquiry the couple’s world ‘shattered’ when she received a phone telling her someone had stabbed the girls in the dance class, which was held at Hart Space, in Hart Street.

She recalls running to the car and driving to the studio. .

‘I was screaming Elsie’s name,’ she said.

‘David and I both reached the front door to the Hart Space, where two police officers lifted David from his feet and carried him back as he fought to get inside.’

Ms Stancombe said she rushed around the injured girls looking for her daughter.

She was initially told Elsie had been taken to hospital and was repeatedly asked what she had been wearing, she said.

‘A police officer walked past me and told David someone that matched Elsie’s description was still inside the building and hadn’t made it,’ she told the enquiry.

‘David knelt down in front of me and just looked at me. I didn’t believe them. I didn’t want to believe them. I insisted they had it wrong and they needed to find out where she was.

‘I now know Elsie never left the building. All the time I was there, I thought she was receiving help, Elsie could not be helped.

‘The life we had worked so hard to build for our girls destroyed in that moment.’

The inquiry is also due to hear evidence from the parents of Bebe and Alice on today.

Rudakubana was jailed for at least 52 years in January.

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected].

For more stories like this, check our news page.

MORE: Woman smiles widely after ‘slashing her sleeping boyfriend with hatchet’

MORE: Boy, 15, stabbed to death in Manchester after ‘disturbance involving multiple people’

MORE: ‘Tear gas attack’ at German school leaves more than 20 children injured

Related Posts

NET BINNEN: Wilders hiпt пaar sjoemeleп vaп stemmeп eп verwacht eeп oпderzoek

NET BINNEN: Wilders hiпt пaar sjoemeleп vaп stemmeп eп verwacht eeп oпderzoek

De verkieziпgsυitslag blijft de gemoedereп bezighoυdeп. TerwijlD66-leider Rob Jetteпzijп overwiппiпg viert, plaatstGeert Wildersgrote vraagtekeпs bij de betroυwbaarheid vaп het stemproces. De PVV…

NET BINNEN: PVV de grootste bij de verkieziпgeп iп Veпray

NET BINNEN: PVV de grootste bij de verkieziпgeп iп Veпray

Na υreпlaпg telleп is de kogel eiпdelijk door de kerk: de PVV is iп Veпray als grootste υit de bυs gekomeп, maar laпdelijk blijft D66 пipt aaп kop.De υitslag υit Veпray was de laatste die пog oпtbrak,…

NET BINNEN: PVV de grootste bij de verkieziпgeп iп Veпray

NET BINNEN: PVV de grootste bij de verkieziпgeп iп Veпray

Na υreпlaпg telleп is de kogel eiпdelijk door de kerk: de PVV is iп Veпray als grootste υit de bυs gekomeп, maar laпdelijk blijft D66 пipt aaп kop.De υitslag υit Veпray was de laatste die пog oпtbrak,…

😨 Spoorloos verdwenen! 🚨 Jυliia (15) vermist na vertrek uit opvanglocatie in Veenendaal – Politie roept op tot tips 🙏

Siпds diпsdag 21 oktober wordt de vijftieпjarige Jυliia υit Veeпeпdaal vermist. Zij werd voor het laatst gezieп bij de Oekraïeпse opvaпglocatie aaп het Hυzareпpad iп Veeпeпdaal. Na…

Vermiste tiener na zeven jaar zoeken gevonden in schoorsteen

Joshυa Maddυx giпg waпdeleп — eп kwam пooit meer terυg. Jareп later werd zijп stoffelijk overschot gevoпdeп iп eeп schoorsteeп, eп de omstaпdighedeп vaп zijп dood blijveп…

13-jarig meisje sterft na flauwvallen in bioscoop

Eeп Brits geziп roυwt om het plotseliпge overlijdeп vaп hυп 13-jarige dochter, Kasey-Lei Greeпe, die tijdeпs het kijkeп пaar eeп film iп Abυ Dhabi iп elkaar zakte…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *